If you have an emergency, notify the Police Department immediately by dialing 9-1-1 on your telephone. If you require immediate Police Services, please call us at the non-emergency number, or 9-1-1 if that applies.
The Egg Harbor Township Police Department looks forward to accepting your online report. Not all crimes and incidents can be reported online and this service is not intended to discourage you from requesting a response to your home or business to file a report. Call the Egg Harbor Township Police Department at (609) 927-5200, if the incident you wish to report does not meet the criteria for online reporting, or if you prefer an Officer respond to your home or business in Egg Harbor Township. A report can also be made in person at Police Headquarters located at 3515 Bargaintown Road, EHT, NJ 08234.
The following conditions must be met to file an online report:
1. You must have a valid email address (an email, after review and acceptance, with the case number will be sent to your email address)
2. The incident occurred within the Egg Harbor Township limits.
3. You do not know the identity of the suspect who committed the offense
4. The total amount of the loss or damage does not exceed $200.00
5. License plates that are lost/stolen cannot be reported using this sytem.
6. If these conditions are met, the following types of reports can be filed online:
7. Lost Property (cell phones, purses, wallets, jewelry, driver's license, etc.)
8. Harassing Telephone Calls (annoying, obscene, immediate hang ups, threatening calls)
9. Vandalism (intentional destruction or defacing property, including graffiti)
10. Theft *Under $200.00*(property that is stolen, excluding license plates). The following types of Theft reports are accepted online:
Theft from a building or residence, unless force was used to gain entry
Theft from an unlocked vehicle
Theft of vehicle parts or accessories
Theft from a yard or open space
Theft from a coin operated machine
11. You must be able to provide the full name, address, birth date, and telephone numbers for the victim, if you are assisting someone else file this report or filing a report on behalf of a business.
12. If property was stolen or lost, be prepared to provide a detailed description of the property, including brand names, model numbers and serial numbers, if known.
13. If the crime involves theft from or vandalism to a vehicle be prepared to provide the vehicle make, model, license number and VIN (vehicle identification number, which can be found on the vehicle registration)
NOTE: ANY PERSON WHO GIVES OR CAUSES TO BE GIVEN FALSE INFORMATION TO ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, WITH RESPECT TO THE COMMISSION OF ANY CRIME OR INCIDENT, IS GUILTY OF A FOURTH DEGREE CRIME UNDER THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE (2C:28-4). FOURTH DEGREE CRIMES ARE PUNISHABLE BY A FINE OF NOT MORE THAN $1000.00, OR BY IMPRISONMENT FOR NOT MORE THAN 18 MONTHS, OR BOTH.